Wednesday, August 20, 2014

First Day of School 2014

IMG_5663
Monday was the first day of school for Soren and Svea.  Soren started 2nd grade (two fingers):IMG_5666
And Svea started Kindergarten (full day, yikes!, K with her fingers)
IMG_5667IMG_5668
So far so good!  Both kids are LOVING school.  They ride the bus in the morning and I pick them up after school.  Every day they have “a GREAT day!” 


Liv is having the hardest time out of the group.  After dropping off Svea on Monday she was so upset I wouldn’t let her go to school too that she was a little feisty.  She told me several times during the day, “I don’t WANT to spend time with YOU, Mom!”.  When I told her I loved her and was excited to spend time with her she would reply “I NOT love YOU, Mom!”.  It would have hurt my feelings if it wasn’t so funny.  Fortunately that didn’t continue past day one.  She cries throughout the day, “I need my Svea and my Soren and my Daddy” and “I miss my Sis…I miss my Sis… I’m saaaad!”.  However each day is getting easier and I think although she misses her playmate she is realizing that more one on one time with me might not be so bad. 

No comments: