Well, at least one of us is pretty dynamic, right, Fuzz?
After our eventful and exciting summer, Liv and I were starting to go a little crazy at home. Today we decided to go out together and have some fun. We got the kids on the bus and then headed out. The plan was to drive up to Carson Pass and attempt the hike up to Winnemucca Lake (5 miles round trip). Can I just say that my photos do NOT do this area justice. It is breathtaking up there and I feel recharged every time I visit.
An early selfie
I told Liv she could walk after we got to Frog Lake. She was out of the pack for 15-30 minutes and we didn’t get far. Her legs were “tired”, but she did let me take some photos.
Caples Lake in the background
Liv kept commenting on how pretty it was, and I fully agreed. Although I was loaded like a pack mule with Liv, lunch, water and fishing gear, it was more than worth it!
Once we got up to the Lake (90 mins), Liv wanted to swim. She waded in the cool water and we enjoyed a picnic on a gravel beach. After lunch I tried some fishing (no luck) while Liv explored. We had about an hour to relax until it was time to head back down.
Liv took a little nap on the way down and I soaked up the silence. It is so rare for me to get solitude and I took the opportunity to savor it!
We made it home in plenty of time to pick up the kids, even after a stop at Maverick for a post hike treat. Liv is always game to try new things so spending time with her was a treat. Today went so well that I’m sure we will be out again very soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment