Monday, April 9, 2012

Catching Up Part 2: March 2012

We visited Phoenix Mesa  Gateway Airport for their open house.  It was a big day for Liv, our first really big all day outing.  Svea got off to a rough start (I can’t even remember what set her off) but we all had a great time.
IMG_3333IMG_3334
IMG_3335IMG_3336IMG_3337
The kids got painted – hello kitty for svea (of course) and lightning for Soren
IMG_3338IMG_3339IMG_3340IMG_3343IMG_3344
We celebrated Erik’s big 35th bday.  We went out for dinner at Lolo’s chicken and waffles which was heavenly.  The kids were excited to give dad the presents they had chosen for him.  Erik got a new antenna for his car.  Not very exciting but a life changer for our long commuting guy.
IMG_3348IMG_3349IMG_3350IMG_3351
Soren adores his baby sister.  I’m constantly trying to warn him to move back, get off and stop bugging the baby.  I’m sure these two will be good friends in a few months.  Here they are reading some “Where’s Waldo” together.  Liv was into it.
IMG_3352IMG_3354
My parents came into town for a business trip and a visit. 
IMG_3355
IMG_3356IMG_3357IMG_3359
I’m learning how to french braid.  I need some more practice!  Svea’s hair is finally getting long and thicker.IMG_3362IMG_3363
Aren’t my kids creative?
IMG_0028
On that note, we also visited the Mesa Arts Center Festival of Creativity.  Checked out an interesting piece of interactive sculpture called Mirazozo:
IMG_0058IMG_0059IMG_0060


And waded in the urban (ie fake) river
IMG_0069IMG_0072IMG_0076
And it took a looong time, but Liv is smiling!
IMG_0086IMG_0087IMG_0088IMG_0090IMG_0091IMG_0092IMG_0093IMG_0095IMG_0096
She has the cutest little growl that she uses to talk when she is happy.



No comments: