Poor Svea had her birthday collide with our travel plans this year and we are still recovering! Since we had a long drive planned for her birthday we celebrated the day before.
Svea’s request for birthday breakfast: OATMEAL
While Soren attended his last swim lesson of the year, Svea enjoyed her birthday lunch, a Happy meal with chicken (also her choice)
Once Erik got home from work we had dinner, presents and cake. It was all a whirlwind combined with packing and getting everything ready to load the next morning. Svea is blessed with lots of relatives who think of her and the result was gifts from all over the country. She had a great time – I think this is the first gift day she understood that something special was happening.
The cake was another request – green apple flavored“Bubble Cake”. No idea what she had in mind but we did our best to make a bubble-y cake for her big day.
Svea loves the special treat of a green apple slush at Sonic so I was hoping to get the cake flavored somehow. I didn’t get it figured out in time so we went with green food coloring – I hope she was fooled!
Svea celebrated her actual birthday by driving 13 hours to Utah and being very carsick. Poor girl. Luckily she had more family waiting with candles and cupcakes so she got to celebrate a little more before her big day was over.
Svea is such a joy to me. She is growing so fast (at 36 inches tall and 27 pounds the doc called her long and lean at her 2 year check up) and is gaining a big vocabulary. Her brother is her favorite person in the world and she has to be doing what he is doing or she is not a happy girl. She is naturally a nester – she likes to clean up and notices the little details in life. She is happy 85 percent of the time and has the cutest little bounce in her walk. I don’t know what I would do without my little girl!
1 comment:
Awe, she's growing up so fast. Her hair is so blonde.
Aiyana has the same Dora sippy cups :o)
Post a Comment