Friday, May 13, 2011

Stupendous Soren

Soren has shocked and surprised me this week. He is reading!

I was going through our books to weed out the books that Svea has destroyed when I found an old paperback science book that is probably Erik’s age. I was about to toss it into the donate pile when I realized it was a book for beginning readers. I’d been meaning to sit down and work on reading with Soren for a couple of weeks but we’ve been busy with guests and sickness and I hadn’t gotten to it. I sat down with him and opened up the book. To my total awe, Soren started reading this book he had never seen before. He still needs help with bigger words, but I’m amazed at how many sight words he has. Soren turned 4 last month. I’m so excited for him and I hope reading brings him the confidence and happiness that reading has brought me throughout my life.

Got to get back to the library to get some new reading material!

Here’s the proof. We’d never read these pages before this video.


1 comment:

Sweating in the endless heat said...

holy Cow!!! That is SO awesome!!!! Good Job Soren:-)