Saturday, September 11, 2010

UT August 2010

We had a fun and busy visit up north this summer. We drove through the night this year, and the kids did awesome. Erik and I were pretty exhausted, but this may be the way to go for visits in the future.

We had a surprise party for my 50 year old mom the day after we arrived. It was a lot of fun. I’m going to have to try and get ahold of some pics. It was amazing to reminisce about my mom’s wonderful life. She is such a special person and I’m so grateful to have learned so much from her!

image-21

We spent a few days with Larry and Kristen in Draper. Papa always has lots of fun ideas for activities to do with the kids. We spent lots of time outside. I especially enjoyed checking out the parasailers who swarm around the Pointe in Draper. The kids liked it too.

IMG_1973IMG_1968 IMG_1966

My main focus of this trip was my little sister’s wedding. I was so grateful to get to be with her for that special time in her life. I was able to attend a bridal shower, Steph’s endowment, the reception, wedding and wedding luncheon. Everything was so beautiful. I was reminded of how blessed I am to have my family and especially for the knowledge that I can be with them forever. I admire Stephi so much – she is a great example to me of integrity and high standards. It was amazing to see her so happy – she was literally glowing with happiness. Although it was busy I was glad to meet Geoff and I’m excited to get to know him better now that he’s part of the family.

Jenny and Soren at the wedding luncheon:

IMG_1986

Steph and Geoff are now safely settled in Ohio where Geoff will be attending dental school at OSU. We’re so happy for them!

We also ran the first annual (and hopefully not last annual!) family race this year. We ran the Park City 1/2 marathon the morning after the wedding. Everyone finished! Dad and I ran together and finished just under 2 hours. It was a tough course for me, so I was happy with my time and really enjoyed running with my dad. I thought it was a lot of fun and we had a great surprise at the finish when Steph and Geoff showed up to cheer for us.

IMG_1987

Me and Dad finish race IMG_1990 IMG_1991 IMG_1992 IMG_1997 IMG_2006

After the race we spent some time with my dad’s family at a family reunion and then out at my grandparent’s property, The Sandhill. Soren found a way to cool off in the well fed drinking fountain.IMG_2009

Before we left Utah we also had a chance to spend a few hours working on my parent’s farm. Soren really enjoyed his time in the orchard and on the farm. “We’re doing good work, grandma.” This should be a fun place for the kids to spend time each summer as they grow older.

IMG_2022 IMG_2023 IMG_2036IMG_2026 IMG_2030 IMG_2031

It was hard to come back to real life after that nice break. We loved all the time with family and can’t wait for our next trip up north!

No comments: