I’ll catch you up on last week before moving on to our SUPER fun weekend.
Svea’s been making huge strides in the brain department. I see her understanding new things every day. The moments where I realize she can understand the words I’m saying are coming more often. She has started to become a great mimic. I’ve gotten her to say several words (whether she understands what she is saying is not determined yet) including eyes, nose, banana, mama, dada, no no. She also does sounds now. This clip captures two of my favorites. The snore was unexpected and made Soren and I get the giggles several times last week. The kisses are my absolute favorite and a very common way for her to communicate. So here’s yummy little Svea:
We had a great weekend. After struggling all week to finish getting over nagging cold symptoms, we finally felt better to welcome my parents for a visit on Friday. I can’t believe they were brave enough to face the July Phoenix heat, but I guess seeing the grandkids was enough incentive to make it worth the trip. I felt like we were on vacation – we had a blast!
On Friday morning while Soren and Erik went for a follow up visit to the doctor’s office, Svea and I picked up Grandma and Grandpa at the airport. We met up and headed out for a Mexican food lunch at my favorite place. Soren still wasn’t feeling well, and while he took a nap Svea soaked up some attention from her grandparents. They brought her a couple of surprises and it was so cute to see how she reacted. I’ve never seen her so excited before. She kept squeak-laughing and bouncing up and down and loving on her new Anpanman doll and looking at her new book. It was priceless!
Friday evening we faced the heat (115 – yikes) and went to the dbacks game. It was pretty warm even in the air-conditioned ball field. Arizona happened to win that night and we had lots of fun. I’m already craving my next dbacks dog. The kids were both really good. I couldn’t believe how well Svea did at her first game – she is usually very crabby when her bedtime routine isn’t followed but she stuck with it until the end of the game at 10:30. Soren also enjoyed his first hotdog at a game. I couldn’t get him to stop eating and smile for a picture!
Erik and Svea enjoyed some bonding time. This is a long clip, but I couldn't help but share. These two are so cute together - Svea is Daddy's girl!
After the game, both of the kids were pooped out.
On Saturday morning we went to the ward’s pancake breakfast celebrating Independence day. Soren ran around like a madman with the other kids. They played a pin the nose on the Uncle Sam type game. I heard that Soren won the game and told everyone “I won and you all losed.” I thought teaching a kid that winning and losing would help make them a good sport. Apparently THAT backfired a little.
After lunch and naps we went over to check out the new SeaLife Aquarium. It’s a little pricey at admission price, but I think it is pretty well done. It took about an hour to go through and was enjoyable. Saturday afternoon in July is probably the worst time to visit and the crowds were pretty bad, but the kids LOVED it – especially Svea.
We sent Grandpa and Grandma home on an airplane this afternoon after church. I can’t wait to see them again next month. I love being around my parents and I love to see the kids interact with them. That bond between grandchildren and grandparents is so sweet to watch. I feel refreshed – their visit made the weekend feel like a vacation. Thanks, Mom and Dad!
Soren isn’t feeling well again. Poor kid. A bubble bath always makes you feel better, especially when you have a sister to dump bubbles all over! Both of the kids conked out after their baths – a sure sign of a fun and busy weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment