Thursday, June 11, 2009

Soren: June 11th

It has been a good week. I have seen a huge improvement in Soren's temperment now that he isn't constantly irritated by his sore tooth. We've had a lot of fun at swim class. Most days Soren kicks and screams when it is time to leave the pool - he loves being in the water. The class has been a blast this year. The teachers have made it much more structured than last year, and Soren has learned to kick, move his arms, blow bubbles and put his face under water. He even "swam" a short distance between me and his teacher a few times. It is fun to watch him pick up new abilities, and we both love the chance to get out and spend a little time outside.

Soren has been a great helper to me. I have been on a sewing kick the last week or so, and so I made Soren a chef's hat and apron. He'll put it on and help me whenever I am in the kitchen. He loves to mix and pour ingredients. The best part is the tasting!


We made a batch of cookies last night. Soren enjoyed a couple of cookies after lunch today. He wanted the lid off of his sippy cup. I couldn't understand why, but he was very insistent. Turns out he watched Erik dip his cookies in milk last night and wanted to do the same. I am not a dipper, but apparently Soren is!

Here's a little clip of Soren today after lunch:

2 comments:

Stephanie Johnston said...

hahah oh cute. Soze is NOT too big he is our baby! I'm glad you like to dip your cookies soze :)

Stephanie Johnston said...

and i LOVE the apron and hat! Ashe, I didn't know you had it IN you!