As some of you may know, Soren has been fighting an infection for a couple of weeks now. Due to some kind of trauma to his front tooth (we have no idea what happened), he developed an abcess. Soren has an awesome dentist, and he did his best to help us get rid of the problem. After two weeks of antibiotics, we didn't see any improvement, so we decided it would be best to remove the source of the infection and pull the tooth. I have been very emotional about this decision, but know that it was the correct choice and the best for Soren's health and comfort.
We headed to the dentist this morning. Erik went in to work late to help out during the procedure. Everything went very smoothly. There were a few tears when the doctor used a needle to numb the area around Soren's tooth, and a lot of tears during the extraction. It was over very quickly, and as soon as I had him in my arms Soren calmed down and stopped crying. When the tooth came out, a "ball" of infection came out from above the root. That confirmed my feelings of peace about our decision.
Soren was very calm on the way home and even pointed to his mouth and asked me, "It feels better?" He has been in good spirits all morning and is very excited about the tooth, floss and other prizes he got to bring home. We were able to go to swim lessons today, and Soren was very happy to splash and laugh with me. It gave me a chance to see his new smile, and I am surprised to say that I think I may grow to like it!
Here are a few pictures from yesterday and today. I hope I included enough detail for you grandparents and aunts and uncles, but if you have any questions email me and I will do my best to fill you in further.
A few last pictures of Soren's old smile:









No comments:
Post a Comment