Tuesday, March 24, 2009

March 24th Soren Update

We are still enjoying the beautiful spring weather. I think we are FINALLY getting over the colds we have had all month.

Erik has moved to a four day work week, and we have had 4 Fridays off now. I was really anxious about the new schedule. I think it is pretty brutal for Erik Monday through Thursday, so I don't know how he feels about it yet. I have been pleasantly surprised and am loving it. Even though he has a lot of catch up studying to do on the three day weekends, just having him home is nice. Running our errands on Friday is much quicker than fighting crowds on the weekends, so that is another bonus. I have really seen Soren's bond with his Daddy grow amazingly over the last few weeks - he is a happy boy when Daddy is home and is loving the extra time with Erik!

Last Friday, we went out to eat lunch at a Greek place we had only tried once before. It was delicious, and Soren gobbled everything we put on his plate. We also went with Erik to see him get his haircut. We were having some trouble with Soren thinking that haircuts were "owie", so I thought it might help. We ended up having them cut Soren's hair too. He was really good, and now he wants to tell everyone about the clippers: "buzzed like bees bzzzzzzzz".


Although we were all still feeling a little under the weather, we were able to spend some time outside at the park and in our yard this weekend too. The yard has been so great for me - Soren LOVES it out there. He insists on Chibi coming out on her leash, and the two of them will play for hours. I can't get enough of Phoenix in the winter/spring.

As for Soren, he is growing like a weed. I bought him several pairs of pants this winter that were way too long. He has had a growth spurt and now they all fit. We are going in for official stats in a week or so, but he is hovering around 3 feet tall and 29 pounds. His haircut and the height are making him look so grown up. He talks ALL the time. I understand 90% of what he says. I am pretty sure the rest are "real" words too, I just can't decipher the baby accent.

The other day I came into the kitchen to find Soren on a chair coloring all over my toaster oven with a sharpie. As soon as he heard me come in, he starting frantically saying, "I color paper, I color paper". I had a hard time being stern with him for breaking our rule of only coloring on paper, because I was trying not to laugh. It was the first time I had seen him act guilty when caught being naughty - I think EVERYTHING Soren does for the first time is cute to me!

I put a video up, it isn't too amazing, but Soren is talking and in the yard which are things he does a lot.

Ashley



2 comments:

Chari said...

So cute! I thik it is hilarious taht Soren thought haircuts were owies!

Jenny said...

The video :D
"what is this sweetie, what is this?"