Ok, just by the fact that I almost called this the JUNE 9th update, you get a glimpse of how our winter has been this year. Winter is why I love living here. We have had a very mild winter, with most of our days sunny and in the high 70s or low 80s. (Insert sigh of happiness here)
Things are going great here. Soren and I are finally over our miserable colds of January. We are excited to emerge from our sickrooms and get out and enjoy the rest of this nice weather. We've already been out to the park several times, and Soren is constantly begging to go outside. He doesn't even care if we go out in our dirt backyard to play, he just soaks up the sun and plays with the rocks.
Superbowl Sunday was a lot of fun. We have 9am church this year, so we got home at noon and had to wait for four whole hours before we could dig into the goodies. I had a hard time not making extra snacks, but it was just the three of us, so I couldn't justify a huge menu. Soren's favorites were the soda and the "cakes" or reese's pb cups:
Erik has been amazingly busy this semester with studying for his two classes. He left work early on Friday to join me at my checkup. It was nice to get home early in the afternoon on Friday and take Soren to the park. We are learning to treasure a little time with Daddy! I know he hates having to give up time with us and he often sneaks away from homework to put in a few minutes with Soren. None of us can wait for him to be DONE! Here are a few clips of Soren at the park on Friday. He is finally old enough to enjoy the park toys that are made for 2-5 year olds, and you will catch a few of his signature phrases if you listen closely:
Here he tries out the "big one"
I am starting to feel great. I love the second trimester when I am no longer sick, but still not huge. I'm still playing volleyball a couple of mornings a week, and I am trying to fit in the rest of my life in between.
This is going to be a big weekend. I turn 27 on Friday. Linda is coming in for a visit on Saturday. Then, we are heading out to Apache Junction on Saturday and Sunday for Erik's next marathon. Should be fun!
Ashley
1 comment:
Oh Ashley, I am so excited for you! A Girl, how fun- can I bring you all sorts of fun girly stuff!! Let me know next time you go to the park, I gotta get these kids away from the TV!!
Post a Comment