Dear Family,
Life has gotten busy again! Erik started school this week, and Soren and I are still trying to get back into a good routine after being on vacation for so long.
Our biggest new development is that Soren is now a climber. He learned how to push a chair around and climb up onto it. He is all over EVERYTHING now. Nothing on the table, desk or kitchen island is safe. As I write this, he is dumping the crumbs out of a box of cereal that was on the counter all over the floor (hey, I have to write updates when I can). Although I am always glad to see Soren learn new things, this one has been pretty difficult to deal with. Both Erik and I have gotten pretty tired of the word no. Hopefully Soren will stop climbing so much once the novelty wears off.
Along with climbing has come another milestone. Soren won’t stay in his crib anymore. He has always hated it, but now he can do something about his feelings. He climbs up the side and falls down to the ground. Needless to say, he isn’t sleeping in his crib anymore. Right now we have his mattress on the floor in his room. Although it is not the cute nursery I had set up before, it works for now, and I am ok with that.
Last week I noticed that my sliding glass door was dirty, so I decided to clean it. I went outside, and as I was wiping the glass I heard a little click. I looked over to see Soren standing on tiptoes with his finger on the lock. He locked me out. At first I thought it was no big deal, and that I would be able to get him to unlock it for me. Nope. He stayed by the window and laughed at me as I tried every trick I had to get him to unlock the door. He had no clue what I wanted him to do. When I told him to “open it”, he would put his hands on the glass and try to push the door, but, obviously, it didn’t budge. Finally, he got a little frustrated that I wouldn’t just open the door, and he cried for a few minutes and wandered in to watch TV. I wasn’t sure what to do. I didn’t want to leave Soren alone, but I didn’t have any way to call for help. Also, it was pretty stinkin warm outside, and I didn’t really want to sit outside until Erik got home. After a couple of hours, Soren was still playing nicely by the door with some toys, and I finally decided I needed to do something. I figured that I could leave Soren in short spurts to go knock on a few doors to try and find someone who was home. So I would knock, then run home, jump the fence, check on Soren, jump the fence, and knock on another door. I finally found a neighbor who was home, and was able to get a hold of Erik. He came home from work early and let me in. Three and a half hours outside in Phoenix in August is not my idea of fun, but I am just thankful that Soren was okay the whole time!
The other day, Soren was digging through his drawers and found his sweater. It is a sweater that Erik’s great grandmother made before he was born and it has been worn by lots of little Nilssens. I put it on him to see if it would fit this year, and he loved it! I know it was a little warm for sweaters, but I figured we had to take a couple of pics just to show you how cute he looks in it.
There are only a few pictures; I will try to be better this week!
Ashley
Our little climber:
No comments:
Post a Comment