Wow! Time really flew since I last wrote. Two really big things have happened since then. My little brother got married on Thursday, and SOREN STARTED WALKING!!!
Last Saturday, Soren started cruising a lot more without holding on to anything, but I didn’t realize that he had really caught on until we went to church on Sunday. As soon as we sat down in the pew, Soren was fighting to get down and kept wriggling away from me and walking down the aisle. I had to spend the entire sacrament meeting following my little walker all over the church. I was so excited to see him finally toddling his way around on two legs. He has just kept getting better with practice. He still falls down a lot, but he is on his way to manhood now!
Soren got to go to playgroup again this Wednesday. He had a great time watching the other kids play. We have a splash pad at our park that shoots streams of water into the air. Soren was fascinated by the water, but when he walked out into the splash zone, a stream of water pounded down onto his head. His hat was soaked instantly, and he was not thrilled about the hard hitting water. He would happily play in the puddles when the water was off, but he was very cautious about the water when it was on. Hopefully he will get over that as the summer progresses, because it is hot to be out at the park now!
We rushed through the week looking forward to Jake’s big day. Thursday morning, we got up very early and went to catch our 6 am flight to Salt Lake. As we drove up to the Bountiful temple, the car was pounded by rain and sleet. I couldn’t stop thinking about how cold I was going to be in my cute little cap sleeve bridesmaid’s dress and sandals! The day went really well despite the nasty weather. Jake and Mekelle’s ceremony was beautiful. My parents had a luncheon for them at the Mandarin in Bountiful (Best Chinese food EVER), and the reception in the evening was wonderful. They had a great decorator, and beautiful flowers. Steph, Jenn and I got to stand in the line with the bride and groom. It was really fun to get to catch up with some old friends who we hadn’t seen in years. I had a nice break from Soren all day. My family took turns loving him all day, and Erik took care of him for me during the reception. It was a great day, and it is so wonderful to see me brother so happy. We are so excited to welcome Mekelle into the family and to get to know her even better.
We flew back home early Friday morning and dropped Erik off at work. Soren was trashed by that time, so he slept the morning away. We went back out to Mesa to go to lunch with Erik, then Soren and I went to the temple grounds to enjoy one of our last beautiful spring days outside. We picked Erik up to take him home at 2 pm – he had to hurry to make it to the church to meet the scouts for camping. Poor Erik! He was exhausted, but he still managed to have a good time with the scouts. Soren and I really enjoyed our night without Daddy – we went to bed early and slept and slept and slept!
Saturday morning was Soren’s friend’s birthday party. Brent turned two last week. They had a party in the park. Soren ate way too many treats and ran wild in the grass. It was cute to see him finally start acting like a little boy. Erik had a busy afternoon and evening. As soon as he got home from camping, he took a nap, then headed out for a 20 mile run. Soren and I took advantage of some more time without him and went over to our friend’s house to play. We all got home around 11 pm. What a week!
Well, I hope you enjoy this weeks photos. We really had a blast, in case you can’t tell!
Love,
Ashley
Sunday, April 27, 2008
April 27th Soren Update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment