Saturday, May 30, 2015

Svea's Graduation

Hello,

I am making this post with my I.T. Department in Phoenix getting our home ready to sell and in a different program than I am used to.  We will see how this goes.

Svea had her kindergarten graduation on Thursday.  I didn't go to Soren's.  I figured that graduation from High School and College I need to be there for, but miss work for kindergarten graduation?  Anyway it turns out its a big deal.  I think its a bigger deal in Nevada, because its the only graduation many of these kids will have.  The program wound up being really nice.  Even Liv paid attention.

The girls were dressed really nice thanks to Grandma Linda sending over some new dresses.


I was wondering about the geography lesson they were teaching California and Washington DC are to the right and Hawaii and New York are to the left.  Doesn't make sense.  They should have California and Hawaii to west and New York and Washington DC to the east.  Who does the sign proof reading around here?


The program was really nice.  They had a slide show with all the activities and field trips of the year.  They also showed two pictures of each kid, a baby picture and their kindergarten picture.  Then the kids all came out and the classes did two funny songs and dances. To finish it up, all the kids came on stage and said what they wanted to be when they grew up.  Tons of future zoo keepers, soldiers, teachers, police men, one vampire, one engineer.  A few months ago Svea said when she grew up she wanted to be a Civil Engineer and work for the county!  Ohh boy - I was wondering if that was what she was going to say.

Svea wants to be a farmer - who knew?  She is following in her maternal great grandparents.  I asked her what she was going to grow.  She said "Whatever it is that you want to eat." I told her "corn and soybeans." She said "Ok, and carrots too."

We then went into their classrooms and had cookies and punch.  Svea got a card and two sets of flowers.

There you have it.  One year down, twelve left.  Svea got her report card and is doing wonderful.  Soren is very smart scientifically and logically.  I see Svea as just as bright, but with other interests.  She has an artistic side that Soren does not have.  I think she is going to be a fabulous student.  I knew Soren was going to be an engineer/scientist from his first birthday on.  I don't know what path of study Svea will follow, but know she will do well.



No comments: