by Erik
Since our move into this golf course community Soren has become obsessed with golf. In his reasoning, since he is good at it on Wii, he is good at it in real life. When we go fish on the golf course lakes Soren wants to spend most of his time looking for golf tees and if he can find a ball, he is in heaven. I noticed on a run this week that since there was a low snow pack one lake in particular was becoming dry. Even better about this lake was that the green is located just beyond the lake. This has exposed golf balls that have been under the water for few years. You can see them out there like Easter eggs.
I decided to take Soren and Svea to look for the balls last night knowing they would have a blast. I was not planning on getting in, but figured I would hold a bag and let them collect the balls.
Things were going great until Svea walked a little to far out into some of the soft mud. She sunk into the mud up to her knees and then fell over and her arms sunk upto her elbows. She was screaming and crying. I still did not want to get in, So I sent Soren to help her. He made it within three feet of Svea and he sunk upto his knees. Now I was forced to get in. I tried to walk light, but sunk in as well. The mud sucked my shoes off, but I was able to get the kids out. I went back in and retrieved every one’s shoes. Now we were all in so I helped collect golf balls. The kids were loving it – muddy and looking for golf balls. Every time you stepped in the mud there was 3 or 4 under your feet (like looking for quohogs at the salt marsh in Cape Cod – for family).
We washed off in the golf course sprinklers, went home and cleaned the balls. Grand Total – 128 golf balls. Ashley asked “What are you going to do with 128 golf balls?” Talk about someone who misses the point – who cares what we are going to do with them? The point is “WE HAVE 128 GOLF BALLS.” The kids were ecstatic and we can chalk up another new experience. Soren has already been asking to go get more – and we could, I only had one bag.
1 comment:
You could sell them to some golfers.
Post a Comment