Only one week to go until our big move to Douglas County, Nevada. Erik has been hired as the County Engineer and we are very excited for the opportunity.
We are excited for the outdoor activities the area will bring and the cooler summers. Being in a small town should be interesting for me! Between Phoenix and Yokohama most of my life has been lived in urban areas with lots of people.
The move brings sadness as well. This change will not be easy for me. I leave behind so much. From the moment I saw my first saguaro on the grade down from flagstaff I fell in love with this valley. My first home is here, my alma mater, my kids were born here, my friends, volleyball, playgroup, and a ward that is like family, not to mention my Best friend are all here. You will be greatly missed!
Minden (Douglas County seat) is the little town on the left with Lake Tahoe in the background.
Wednesday, June 6, 2012
Moving...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
oh how exciting it is to start a new adventure though! You will be greatly missed. Best of luck to you!
What a beautiful move and amazing adventure. Congratulations and good luck!
You and your family will be missed, but I am sure not forgotten. Come back to visit every once in awhile. On to adventure for you and your children. Have a great time.
So bitter sweet!
I'm SO excited for you! I am sad that you will be leaving us, but your new start will be awesome, I mean look at that picture...GORGEOUS!!! Keep in touch:-) Now I know if I ever go to Tahoe, I have a friend to go and visit;-)
Bitter sweet. Exciting to experience something new. Beautiful picture!!!
Post a Comment