We're enjoying beautiful spring weather here in sunny Arizona. We've been spending a lot of time outside in the backyard and at the park. The kids and I both made it through a yucky cold in time for our only bloggable event of the last few weeks. We had a very busy and fun Easter/birthday weekend this weekend.
Erik's dad flew in for the weekend. It made Soren's birthday special to have a guest to celebrate with. Erik had a lot of studying to do, so Soren was glad to have someone to play with all weekend as well. Soren officially turned three on monday, but we decided to celebrate his birthday on Saturday.
I got up Saturday morning and decorated the kitchen with streamers, balloons and Spongebob tablecloth. Soren shuffled out after I was done and sat sleepily on the couch next to me. When he finally glanced at the kitchen he did the classic double take and said "Whoah!" He was very excited to sit in his special birthday chair complete with three balloons and streamers. He opened a couple of presents after breakfast, then headed to the park with Papa to play with his new toy. Erik studied and I fit in my run while they were gone.
After the park, Erik and his dad headed to the gym. Meanwhile, Soren and I ate lunch and opened another present. We had a lot of fun hanging up his solar system in his room.
In the evening, we headed over to Barro's for Soren's favorite food. Sadly, he was worn out and fell asleep on the way to the pizza joint. I hoped he would wake up to eat, but he couldn't be roused and slept his way through his birthday dinner. This is the second year in a row - I'm going to have to remember to do a birthday lunch next year!

Svea had a great time eating pizza & cheerios and enjoying all the attention.

When we got home, Soren was ready for more partying. We were able to webcam with my parents and open a gift with them, then we had birthday cake and opened yet more gifts. Soren eventually went to bed with promises of another fun day on Sunday.
We woke up and had a little easter egg hunt in the backyard for Soren. Once again, I bought way too much candy for one child, but Soren had fun finding the eggs.

Papa and Soren headed over to the park again to enjoy the spring weather. We had a yummy easter ham for dinner, then headed up to South Mountain to enjoy a surprisingly green hiking trail. We had a moment of excitement when we spotted a baby rattlesnake on the trail. The wildflowers, ocotillo and cacti were blooming and it was beautiful.


Since Monday was Soren's birthday, we had a fun playdate at the park with a bunch of his friends. Soren was excited to share cupcakes and just run around and play. We had pizza for dinner again, opened the last few gifts and said goodbye to the long weekend of festivities. It was a lot of fun, but I'm glad we don't party like that too often!
Soren was absolutely spoiled this year. Thanks to everyone who made his 3rd birthday so special.
2 comments:
Can't believe Soren is 3...I had a patient the other day who named their son Soren! Sweet Svea is adorable!
Looks like you guys had a ton of fun this past weekend.....I'm so sorry we missed Mondays party:-( I'll call ya soon and we can chat:-)
Post a Comment