Monday, March 15, 2010

March 15th Update

We had a great visit last week with Erik's mom. Grandma Linda flew in last Saturday after Erik's race and left yesterday. We had a rainy and cool weekend but I think the weather cleared up enough for Linda to enjoy some nice AZ spring days.

It was a busy week filled with yummy food and lots of running around. The kids were spoiled with attention and I enjoyed the extra pair of hands around the house and around town.

On Friday we drove out to Mesa to have lunch at Barro's Pizza with Erik. He gave his mom the tour of his office, then Grandma and the kids and I went across the street to enjoy a treat at Sweetcakes. They have yummy BIG cookies and a 7 layer brownie that I can't resist. The weather was perfect and we walked over to the Mesa arts center and enjoyed the beautiful landscaping.

Svea wishing for a bite of my brownie



Soren's favorite - PB M&M


On Saturday, Erik celebrated his 33rd birthday. We went over to Lowe's so Soren could build a tabletop basketball hoop at the free Build and Grow clinic, then picked up our traditional sodas on the way home. After fitting in some long runs, we went out for a wonderful dinner. Erik loves seafood and Erik's mom treated us to some yum at Red Lobster. We went home and watched the movie Up and enjoyed German chocolate birthday cake and ice cream.


Blowing out the candles

It was sad to send Grandma home yesterday. We had a great visit and can't wait to see her again!

2 comments:

Rachelle Underwood said...

I can't even handle it when you mention the word Barro's....I miss it!

bryn said...

I stumbled into your blog and was so happy to have found you. I can't believe that you have two kiddos now! The last time I saw you, you had just had Soren. Like I think it was the week he was born. Crazy! You all look darling and wonderful. Hope all is well.

Bryn

P.S. We were at Sweetcakes on Tuesday, we just missed you guys!