I've had several comments come my way from family members about little Svea. It seems that more than a few of you don't know my little girl very well yet. Well, that isn't your fault. I haven't been posting enough of this sweet little thing on the blog! Here is a post just for you, Svea.





Svea is very social. She cooes and smiles and even screams to get attention, whether it is from me or Erik or a stranger behind us in line at the store. I've noticed that she is very good at being captivating. The person holding her is at her mercy - she has very engaging expressions and gives out smile after smile to keep you interested in looking at her. I've had many people who've held her describe her as "simply sweet". I know I am totally in love with her! She has gorgeous baby blue eyes with long lashes and I have a hard time tearing myself away from interacting with her.


Ashley
Svea has been such an easy addition to our family. She is sweet and can keep herself entertained very well. I think one of the reasons Soren has adjusted so easily to having a little sister around is that she is not overly demanding of my time. Once she has a need, however, she is very vocal about making it known. She has a very loud and grating cry that gets fast results around here!

Svea is very curious and likes to play in the exersaucer or on the floor with toys. She can spend long stretches of time examining a toy or her hands or feet. She loves to watch Soren play and wants to get in on the action. When I am holding her in my arms she will start to rock (almost violently) forward and backward - I think she wishes she could get down and run with Soren. Although she isn't crawling yet, she is surprisingly mobile. She rolls readily from back to front and vice versa, but LOVES to be on her tummy. She can lift her entire upper body up with her arms and holds her head up high so she can see what is going on all over the room. She can move in a full circle and can wiggle a foot or so forward or backward. She LOVES bath time. In her whole life she has cried twice during or after a bath. The water soothes her and makes her splash and smile!




Svea is very social. She cooes and smiles and even screams to get attention, whether it is from me or Erik or a stranger behind us in line at the store. I've noticed that she is very good at being captivating. The person holding her is at her mercy - she has very engaging expressions and gives out smile after smile to keep you interested in looking at her. I've had many people who've held her describe her as "simply sweet". I know I am totally in love with her! She has gorgeous baby blue eyes with long lashes and I have a hard time tearing myself away from interacting with her.
We've learned that Svea loves food! I've been having a lot of trouble with her lately. You may remember what a great sleeper she was early in her life. Since we left for Utah, it seemed like she was up every 2 hours or so every night. I've been very prayerful about this situation lately, as it is hard for me to function when I am up with the kids so much at night and I feel like I am not the kindest and most patient mother when I am tired. I had several conversations with friends that led me to realize that Svea might be hungry at night. I know that probably sounds obvious to some of you experienced parents, but for me it was really an "aaaaaaaah" moment (angel choir singing) when that thought came to my mind. We picked up some rice cereal for her on Saturday, and I think my problem is solved! Svea is totally ready for solid food. After some initial trouble figuring out how to manuever solids, she is a pro eater and gulps down a quarter cup or so of cereal at a time. She has only woken up one time in the night for the last few nights - it is so WONDERFUL! I feel bad that I left her feeling hungry for so long.


Svea's personality is starting to show through in pictures as well. It has been difficult to catch her smiley moments on camera, but we are both getting better at it! Hopefully these pictures help you get to know Svea a little better, and there is only more to come!
Ashley


4 comments:
She is so Beautiful AND such an awesome baby:-)
I just can't get enough of those beautiful eyes and lips! What a sweetheart!
So cute Ashley...I can't wait to meet her in person! WHEN? We need to plan something...maybe this summer?
Adorable pictures, Ashley
Post a Comment