It has been a fun weekend. My Uncle Jeff & Aunt Laura decided to drive down to visit family here in the Phoenix area, so we were able to spend some time with them. Laura's uncle has some horse property in Chandler with ponies, chickens and dogs and we drove out there to meet them on Friday. Soren had a lot of fun playing with the animals. He wouldn't let us put him on a pony. Too cautious (or wimpy) I guess. He screamed to get off the entire hayride. However, he wasn't afraid of the dogs or chickens at all - every time I saw him he was holding a different color of chicken cradled in his arms.

Soren is really growing up when it comes to church. It is now rare that we have to take him out of sacrament meeting. He will usually play or read somewhat quietly by himself most of the meeting. I'm especially glad he is self sufficient as I have started to have to take Svea out most Sundays. Today has been a nice quiet day. Svea has been sleeping almost all day, and Soren and I were able to make Halloween cookies for a special treat. Thanks Taisey for the BEST sugar cookie recipe ever.


A couple of days ago I woke up to the sound of a lovebird chirping outside my window. At first I was worried that Beavis had somehow escaped, but after checking his cage to make sure he was there, I looked outside to this this little guy/girl (can you spot the little eye and beak?):

Beavis and his new buddy spent a couple of days this week talking to each other through the screen door. I thought it was cool to have a wild lovebird in our neighborhood.
We're still having fun. Erik continues to be busy with work, school and marathon training, but we're able to cram some good times in on the weekends. I don't know if my answer will be the same tomorrow, but right now life is pretty good!
1 comment:
Looks like Fun. By the way those cookies were great. Wonder if Taisey will let me have her recipe too.
Post a Comment