Sunday, August 30, 2009

Nilssen Family August 31st Update



We're struggling to get back to "normal" (is life EVER normal with kids?). Since I've posted last, we had a very fun swimming play date, an unsuccessful grocery store trip without Erik (as well as some with him), a one month well visit to Svea's pediatrician, a great afternoon (with lunch) at IKEA, talks in church, and a visit from Papa. PHEW! It feels like I've been cooped up for months, but when I look back at the last 10 days or so, we were pretty busy!

Svea's doctor visit was uneventful. I've got another big baby on my hands - since her visit at 4 days old she gained almost 3 pounds and grew more than 2 inches. Her stats as of August 27th (exactly one month old) are:

Weight: 10 lbs 4 oz (75th percentile)
Height: 23.0 inches (Above 95th percentile)
Head Circ: 14.8 inches (60th percentile)

Both kids got to have a shot. That was fun. Soren's was his flu shot and was a last minute surprise for him. Poor kid. He was crying and saying, "It's not so bad... it's not so bad... I feel better".

Larry's visit went well. Soren had a blast. The boys left Svea and I home to enjoy the A/C and went to the splash park a couple of times. We were also treated with our favorite places to eat - Barro's Pizza AND Ponchos Mexican food. Yummy! Soren was pretty sad today about Papa being gone when he woke up. It's cute to see his emotions and attachment grow and develop.

We're all fighting a touch of a cold today. Hopefully we'll get over it quickly. My random thought of the day: how did I forget how many diapers a newborn goes through? I swear Svea has gone through 250 diapers (3.5 jumbo packs and one of those huge boxes) in her first 5 weeks. Crazy!

Ashley

No comments: