Monday, June 22, 2009

Another Week with Soren: June 22nd

Soren and I have been enjoying our summer weather. The weather here in Phoenix has been beautiful for June - we have only hit 100 degrees a couple of times. The highlight of each weekday is our swim class, and the highlight of our week is the weekend with Erik.

Another added benefit of swim class has been Soren learning to love bath time even more. He never used to let me lay him down in the bath tub - he was too worried about getting water in his face or ears. Now he LOVES the warm water and will lay still on his back and just relax. I have to drag him out when the water gets cold. Here are a couple of pics of him in the tub:


The pictures don't really capture how peaceful he is laying like that, but I think they are still cute!

Our family is really growing to love Erik's 4 day work week. Friday is our fun day each week - we are able to run all of our errands and do something fun while most of the city is at work. This week we were busy running to dentist and doctor appointments, but we were still able to catch lunch at Barro's Pizza - our favorite - and a trip to the mall so Soren could run off some steam in air conditioned comfort. It seems like the summer has caused a time warp - I can't believe we had our 33 week visit at my doctor's on Friday. Things are going smoothly, and the baby's heartbeat is starting to sound like a strong baby instead of just a quiet whoosh.

Soren picked what he wanted to wear on Saturday. He insisted on wearing his "jacket". After an hour or so, he told me he was hot and that he wanted it off. I managed to catch a few pictures of the silly boy wearing a sweater in Phoenix in the summer:





I wish I was able to capture all of the cute things Soren does so I could share them. He is very observant of the world around him and has been making funny observations about life. This week's constantly repeated phrase is "What happened?" and I'm trying to be patient and answer as best I can, even though I feel like I hear this 80 million times a day. I've tried to capture a few samples of life with Soren on video for you to enjoy this week. It is only a tiny sample. I feel so blessed to get to spend so much time with this sweet little guy. Time is flying by and I try to remember to enjoy each day!
Ashley

Soren has developed a new style of dance. No idea where he picked this up, but it looks mysteriously like break-dancing...

Soren was the head chef for our Father's day meal of homemade pizza and berries on a cloud. He won't cook without his chef's hat and apron!

After all that food, the boys decide to work off some calories:

2 comments:

Sweating in the endless heat said...

Ash,

Soren has growing up so much. He is such a cutie:-) Can't wait to see the new one:-)

Rachelle Underwood said...

I'm so freaking jealous that you went to Barro's. I miss that place soooooooooooo bad. Jared too. Soren is gettting so big, I hope that when all this craziness is over we can get together and see eachother again. After the baby comes, of course. Good luck w/ the last part!