Yesterday was the first day of the Arizona State Fair this year. I have been in the valley for almost six years, and I had never been to the fair. When I found out that it was Dollar Day yesterday (admission is usually $12), I decided that it was worth it to go check it out.



I didn't get any really great pictures at the petting zoo, but Soren was able to interact with lots of exotic animals. They had a giraffe, a kangaroo, several camels, bison, and many other cuddly animals. I'm pretty sure that the petting zoo was Soren's favorite part of the day.
We grabbed a little bit of greasy fair food on the way out. I tried a deep fried twinkie. It was definitely not the dreamy treat I had imagined. Yuck!
It was a great day. We were both pooped - I slept like a log last night.

1 comment:
So I have been to the fair as well, only at night though, and I think it was before Brent was born. I totally laughed at your comment about the greasy fair food. I laughed when you said you got a fried twinkie, hilarious! You mean you didn't want to get the fried oreo or the fried Coke or fried candy bar? How about the enormous turkey leg? I'm glad you were able to get out into the outside with it cooling down a bit. Oh, by the way Brent is addicted to Yo Gabba Gabba now, did Erik tell you?
Post a Comment