Friday, October 31, 2008

Soren Update October 31st

Dear Family,

I am sitting in front of the computer, waiting for Soren to wake up and Erik to get home from work. It really feels like I have been going nonstop for the last few weeks. This quiet moment feels pretty weird!

Tonight is our ward’s Halloween party. We haven’t ever had one on Halloween night before, so it will be interesting to see how our house fares while we are gone (hopefully no tricks!). Soren will be able to “trick or treat” from classroom to classroom in the courtyard of our building. I think that tonight’s easy trick or treating will be just his speed. Real trick or treating might be a little too much to grasp.

Soren will be dressing up as Muno, a character from Yo Gabba Gabba (he’s tall and friendly, just like Soren). I had great luck making the costume, and it only cost me fifteen bucks! Don’t mean to brag, but I thought it was pretty cool. Since the costume was so cheap, I had to balance it out and get Soren a new pair of sneakers to “go with” the costume. He got a pair of Adidas basketball shoes that I couldn’t resist. He should be able to wear them all winter, so I justified it as being a good buy. I am a sucker for Soren in shoes!

He was able to practice his trick or treating yesterday. We drove up to my friend Lori’s office, where the ladies there had prepared a super treat bag just for Soren! Among the goodies were a stuffed lion, a truck, a pumpkin shaped sippy cup, and lots and lots of goodies. He had a great time visiting and playing with all of them – we felt so spoiled!

I know it has been awhile since I posted anything, but I really can’t remember if we did anything worth sharing! We mostly ran around town catsitting and playing volleyball, not to mention shopping around for the Halloween costume. It has been very busy! I hope life slows down a little bit, but with the holidays coming up, I think the chances are slim. My indoor volleyball league has ended for a couple of months, so that should give me a little more time at home. I still play in the mornings twice a week at church, then one night a week I play two on two beach volleyball with my friend Wendy. It keeps me busy, but happy. It’s nice to actually enjoy exercise for a change.

Soren continues to amaze me with his growth. I know he has grown heavier and taller, but more than that his brain is developing so fast! He uses new words every day, and understands everything I say to him. He seems to have a great personality and loves to make us laugh. I am definitely seeing a glimpse of the terrible twos in his daily tantrums, but for the most part he is my good natured little buddy. If you haven’t checked out the latest talking video, check it out. It will give you a sampler of what he is saying. I am hoping to add another one this weekend with a little help from Erik.

Well, I guess I will end here because Soren just woke up. We will get on and post some videos and pictures of Halloween tonight or tomorrow.

Love,
Ashley

No comments: