Wednesday, September 10, 2008

September 10 Soren Update

Dear Family,

It has been a great week. Soren has really developed into my little buddy. He is my shadow, and he wants to do whatever I am doing. He wants to push up a chair and help me cook and wash dishes, and when I am dusting or sweeping, he wants to take a cloth or the little broom and do it too. He is so much fun to be around.

He has started talking quite a bit. He has a regular vocabulary of 10 words or so, but he will repeat many more. He also has started making sounds I make. I must grunt in frustration a lot – he has started doing that! He also does a cute little gasp when he is excited about something. We went through the drive-thru for a treat, and when he saw the lady hand me the vanilla cone, his eyes lit up and he gasped - you will hear a sample on this week's video.

Soren and I were really bored today and feeling stir crazy, so we went shopping. We spent a long time browsing around in Ross. Finally, we ended up taking home a toy house complete with family for Soren. He was so cute this afternoon. We played pretend house, and it was the first time I saw him really understand that I was playing a game with him. He had the Daddy driving the car around and sitting in the chair to watch TV. He even had the dog take a bath in the tub.

I have been playing a lot of volleyball. It is so much fun! I go to an open gym practice on Monday and Thursday mornings, and then Thursday afternoons and Saturday mornings are practice for my city league team. It is a great way for me to get out and have some me time. We had our first game on Thursday. We lost, but we are working out the bugs and I think we will have a great team.

I hope you enjoy the video. I tried to capture a few of Soren’s words on film. There are only a few pictures this week – Soren got some stickers in the mail, and you can see the result!

Love,
Ashley

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You got a ton of words - loved it -
PappaN