Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Soren Update May 20

May 20, 2008

Dear Family,

Summer has officially begun here in Phoenix. The weather has been beautiful up until now, but yesterday and today were the inaugural “Am I Outside Or In The Oven” days. Yesterday we set the record high for the day at 110 degrees. Today is much cooler – 102!

Erik, Soren and I are trying to beat the heat by getting out of town. We went up to Utah on Friday for a quick weekend away. Erik ran the Ogden Marathon while we were there. I am constantly amazed at his dedication and love of running. He is definitely a person who loves to set goals and blast his way through them. He had a finishing time of around 4:05, and had a post marathon glow about him for the rest of the weekend. Great job, Erik! I am so proud of you.

It was so nice to be able to stay at my parent’s house. I have to admit that it made me miss them even more when I opened the door to silence where not even Rusty’s collar was jingling. Soren had a blast exploring the unfamiliar turf. He managed to find about 80 remote controls around the house. He also loved playing outside in the grass and on the patio. He spent just enough time in the sandbox to get really filthy as well.

It was a nice trip, and I feel like we have been on vacation. However, the fun is just beginning! Tomorrow morning we leave for a week in Connecticut with Erik’s family. We can’t wait – it has been a few years since we have seen most of his relatives, and it is beautiful where they live. This will be Soren’s big debut among that part of the fam.

Love you!

Ashley

No comments: