Last week, Soren and I spent a ton of time out at the park. He has definitely had a big intelligence growth after hitting the one year mark. The toys at home are no longer entertaining enough to last all day long every day. Soren is big enough to enjoy the sand, and to crawl around on the toddler playground.
Last Monday was Soren’s one year check up at the pediatrician’s office. Once again, he has grown and is meeting all of the normal milestones for his age. His height is now 32 inches (above 95th percentile), his weight is 23 pounds (55th percentile) and his head circumference is 19 inches (92nd percentile). Just before the doctor left Soren with a perfect bill of health, I remembered that I wanted him to look at Soren’s teeth, which looked a little bit discolored to me. He was immediately concerned about enamel wear, and told us to go see a pediatric dentist.
We went to the dentist on Wednesday. He told us that Soren has irregular enamel (hypoplastic enamel) on his baby teeth. It is chipping off already, and what remains is weaker than normal. This is happens during fetal development. Basically, I probably caught a bug or had a fever and it affected Soren’s baby teeth development. Although his big boy teeth should be fine, we are going to have to be extra careful with his baby teeth. They will be discolored and very prone to decay. So, lucky me, I get to brush a squirming baby’s teeth at least twice a day.
Soren is really starting to walk around. Most of his traveling is done on two legs now. He cruises around on the furniture and the walls, and takes unsupported steps in between. It has been so fun to watch him shakily and slowly gain confidence. He is really growing up and can understand a lot of the things that I tell him. He will even clap his hands now and “gimme five”.
This week, Soren and I have been fighting a cold. It has been pretty miserable. Hopefully we will get better soon! Anyway, I hope you enjoy the pics and the video. We love you all!
Thursday, April 17, 2008
April 17th Update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment